Clan WoRP
Welcome to the WoRP clan forum! Please register if you haven't already so you can begin to fully enjoy all the fun things this forum has to offer! If you have already registered, sign in and browse the forum, tell us a little bit about yourself in the Welcoming Center section, play some forum games, download your favorite roleplay map, check out our art gallery, and check out all things WoRP. If you want to just sit and relax, feel free to chat in the Chatango chat box and put your feet up. Please make yourself at home and enjoy yourself here on our forum! Smile ~Ultimate_Power
Clan WoRP
Welcome to the WoRP clan forum! Please register if you haven't already so you can begin to fully enjoy all the fun things this forum has to offer! If you have already registered, sign in and browse the forum, tell us a little bit about yourself in the Welcoming Center section, play some forum games, download your favorite roleplay map, check out our art gallery, and check out all things WoRP. If you want to just sit and relax, feel free to chat in the Chatango chat box and put your feet up. Please make yourself at home and enjoy yourself here on our forum! Smile ~Ultimate_Power
Clan WoRP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to the WC3 clan World of RolePlay.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Clan WoFL/KoRP Chat

[ Copy this | Start New | Full Size ]
Similar topics
Latest topics
» An ancient home, now, an ancient burial (History)
Brief History of WoFL EmptyFri Dec 11, 2020 1:38 pm by FeiPower

» ¿What are you up to in gaming/life?
Brief History of WoFL EmptyMon Feb 03, 2020 11:39 pm by feifei

» The person who replies LAST! Shall win.
Brief History of WoFL EmptyMon Feb 03, 2020 11:26 pm by feifei

» Corrupt a Wish
Brief History of WoFL EmptyTue Nov 03, 2015 2:06 am by Velaze

» A bit of a problem Matt
Brief History of WoFL EmptyMon Aug 24, 2015 3:40 am by Eroku

» King of the Hill
Brief History of WoFL EmptyTue Aug 18, 2015 5:03 pm by Ultimate_Power

» Life Aboard a Battlecruiser.
Brief History of WoFL EmptyTue Aug 18, 2015 5:02 pm by Ultimate_Power

» Cruiser Command
Brief History of WoFL EmptyTue Aug 18, 2015 4:26 pm by Ultimate_Power

» Hello Im Thas
Brief History of WoFL EmptyMon May 18, 2015 6:42 am by Eroku

Brief History of WoFL

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Ultimate_Power
Angelic Chocobo
Angelic Chocobo
Ultimate_Power

Brief History of WoFL Empty
PostSubject: Brief History of WoFL   Brief History of WoFL EmptyMon Jul 12, 2010 12:01 pm

World of Fantasy Life (WoFL) was created in mid-october 2009 by founder and then-chieftain, Kc497 (currently Kimc497).

The clan originally started with just 10 members but grew fast. Kc497 (Kc) then created the clans first forum(which I cannot find), which prospered for a time, but was replaced by a forum created by WoFL shaman, CoolNamesTakenX (found here: http://wofl.guildmeeting.net/index.php). The reason for this change is believed to be smoother, easier useage as compared to the old forum. That forum, too, prospered for a time, before a third forum (second created by Kc497, found here: [/color]http://s10.zetaboards.com/Clan_WoFL_Community/index/[color=yellow]) became the clan's official forum. The forum ended up getting damaged beyond repair, which lead to the forum at http://s4.zetaboards.com/Clan_WoFL_Community/index/.

At one point, WoFL had a relationship with temporary clan Gods of Fantasy Life, headed by LilyGirl12 (a.k.a. concreteangel). During that time, quite a bit of drama ensued, where a few members bounced back and forth between the two. However, GoFL disbanded weeks later and was not heard from again.

Drama hit hard in early winter of 2009 for WoFL, when members started to leave due to concerns that at the time could not be met, or members left for their own reasons. This included the loss of then-shaman Custom-Game (who ended up returning later, then once again left), and a few more members. In late November, a change in leadership came when Kc handed over leadership of WoFL to Ultimate_Power while she took a break from WoFL and Warcraft in general. A few weeks after her return, leadership of the clan was returned to Kc497. A few months following that, in the interest of the clan, the Chieftain position was given to Ultimate_Power, who still holds the position today.

Shaman positions have changed drastically over the one year that WoFL has been in existence. Past shamans of the WoFL clan include loving_kitten, F3arther3aper, Kc497(after she relinquished the position of Chieftain), Custom.Game, Scooter123 (Also known as Feral_Wolf), CoolNamesTakenX, Eroku_sion_dem., and Ultimate_Power (I may have missed some, I'm not entirely sure). There are no current shamans, as the clan is still seeking to reform. Shamans will be decided once reformation is complete.

WoFL currently has one hosting bot known as ReBby. In the past, the clan had several bots. The first of which originally named Toa-Master2, but it's name was changed after Rebby decided to "hide" from Clan Sky. The second bot was Aran.Host[WoFL]. This bot is owned by previous WoFL shaman, Dennisaran, and was mainly used to auto-host Fantasy Life. The third bot was Harb.Host[WoFL]. This bot was owned by previous WoFL grunt Harbringer1292, and is used as a basic all-purpose hosting bot for WoFL. At this time, however, our bot is currently down, but is being repaired.

WoFL's popularity has grown much in the months since it had been formed. It has reached its maximum clan member count twice. The first time it hit the maximum number of members, the clan was purged of inactive users. This was done by removing members from the clan that not signed up on the forum (then the third forum). Also, the clan KoRP was formed to be a "sister" clan to WoFL, and is headed by SteelReaver. Then in early July of 2010, the clan once again hit it's maximum number of members. It is doing a purge in the same style that was used during the first time, and the actual purging which took place in mid-August of 2010.

In early October 2010, the original founder and ex-Chieftain, Kc497, left WoFL once again for personal reasons and to help the clan. Later that month, WoFL reached its official one-year anniversary. The Chieftain celebrated the day by sleeping in until about 2:00 p.m. In late January of 2011, the clan was nearly disbanded, until its Chieftain had a change of heart, choosing to keep the clan intact.

Fun little factoid: Clan WoFL has been misinterpreted quite a few times since its creation.
As an example, many people get its name confused with Clan Wolf. Also, it also has been given the nickname Clan Waffle.

The clan WoFL was disbanded in Spring of 2011 (I may have the date incorrect), due to a lapse of judgement on the Chieftain's part. Many attempts to reform were made, but were unsuccessful, and the clan, and this website, laid dormant for the most part since then, only a few members of the old WoFL stopping by to see what happened or what was happening, and usually, there was nothing to report.

On June 9th, 2012, the long dormant roleplay clan was reformed under the new name of World of Roleplay, or WoRP. This name change was to show that the clan would play all kinds of roleplay games, not just the Fantasy Life map. The name itself was suggested by a user by the name of M_A_K. This revival was thanks to the user Kimc497, who relentlessly recruited the needed members for hours on end to get the clan revived once and for all.

Last edited by Ultimate_Power on Sat Jun 09, 2012 8:59 am; edited 5 times in total (Reason for editing : Ongoing history, grammatical errors, spelling errors.)
Back to top Go down
feifei
Cracked Egg
Cracked Egg
feifei

PostSubject: Re: Brief History of WoFL   Brief History of WoFL EmptyFri May 04, 2012 12:23 am

I am not important in WoFL's history. My existance is meaningless... *suicides*
Back to top Go down
Ultimate_Power
Angelic Chocobo
Angelic Chocobo
Ultimate_Power

PostSubject: Re: Brief History of WoFL   Brief History of WoFL EmptyFri May 04, 2012 3:09 pm

Nobody is more important than any other. Just because your name is not directly mentioned does not mean that you were not important, and just because other users names, including my own, are mentioned here, it does mean they are any more important than the people who were not mentioned. As the title states, this is only a brief history. Writing a complete history would be rather difficult. Don't feel down, Fei. You, like everyone involved, helped make this clan, and I know you want to help make it come back again. Smile
Back to top Go down
Shimanaki
Baby Chocobo
Baby Chocobo

PostSubject: Re: Brief History of WoFL   Brief History of WoFL EmptyWed May 09, 2012 5:55 pm

I remember when I was a candidate for one of the most insane members ever to be in WoFL XD According to you Ult Razz
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brief History of WoFL   Brief History of WoFL EmptyFri May 11, 2012 10:43 am

I've been completely forgotten Surprised *teardrop*
Back to top Go down
Shimanaki
Baby Chocobo
Baby Chocobo

PostSubject: Re: Brief History of WoFL   Brief History of WoFL EmptyFri May 11, 2012 10:13 pm

Well, for me... That'd be impossible. I cannot forget what I have not met or seen!

So not forgotten completly ;3;
Back to top Go down
Ultimate_Power
Angelic Chocobo
Angelic Chocobo
Ultimate_Power

PostSubject: Re: Brief History of WoFL   Brief History of WoFL EmptySat May 26, 2012 4:44 am

If you were forgotten, I would be all like "Who the **** are you guys?" So there's that. xP
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brief History of WoFL   Brief History of WoFL EmptySun Jun 10, 2012 2:08 am

You guys said Roleplay Clan so I knew WoFL could not be the name since you want more roleplay, So World Of Roleplay was the best name I could think of.
Back to top Go down
Eroku
Animated Chocobo
Animated Chocobo
Eroku

PostSubject: Re: Brief History of WoFL   Brief History of WoFL EmptySat Jun 15, 2013 6:19 pm

Heh, seems theres a few pages missing as it is now June 2013
Reports showing minimum clan activity but those still wishing to bring it back to life
this being only a brief history, not everyone is included, and, honestly, if we included everything that happened to clan WoFL
**** we'd take a good 5 whole threads just to state it all
Back to top Go down
Ultimate_Power
Angelic Chocobo
Angelic Chocobo
Ultimate_Power

PostSubject: Re: Brief History of WoFL   Brief History of WoFL EmptySun Jun 16, 2013 11:53 pm

It would not take 5 threads to post it all. At most, it would take just one long evening to post everything. Don't worry about it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Brief History of WoFL   Brief History of WoFL Empty

Back to top Go down

Brief History of WoFL
Page 1 of 1